On this episode of the Business for Superheroes Podcast, I am joined by my husband Joe to talk about the power of habit and the habit loop. I also share advice on how you can change a bad habit and how good habits are important for success.
On this podcast for small business owners and other creative professionals, I share valuable insights on becoming a successful copywriter and business owner.
The RSS feed is here.
- [0:50] What is Vicky’s worst habit?
- [1:59] How did Joe stop smoking?
- [3:25] How did Vicky stop smoking?
- [4:18] What is the habit loop?
- [5:13] You can’t control what happens to you but you can control how you react to it.
- [8:26] Focusing your time and energy on stuff you can do & the power of habit.
- [10:27] Good intentions are worthless on their own and success requires action.
- [10:41] Success has a lot to do with consistency.
- [12:54] We have two selves: a conscious self and an unconscious self.
- [13:43] Your unconscious brain takes over certain tasks in your life.
- [14:17] Your habits run about 40% of what you do.
- [16:28] Almost everything we do is habit.
- [17:50] You feel good after exercising because you’re in a habit loop.
- [18:50] The bad news: you can’t break habits.
- [20:56] The good news: once you form habits you can change them.
- [24:35] A simple way to change your bad habits.
- [26:03] Next week Vicky will talk about email marketing.
Mentioned in This Episode: www.businessforsuperheroes.com/inner-circle The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.