Along with my husband, Joe, I discuss big corporations dodging taxes and why the universe, in general, doesn’t care about you. I believe corporations try to dodge taxes due to them being a rather faceless entity with departments. If only they just put one person in charge of their taxes to have more accountability for their actions. I overheard on the radio that big corps are also destroying independent businesses and I expand further on the topic.
On this podcast for small business owners and other creative professionals, I share valuable insights on becoming a successful copywriter and business owner.
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:25] The universe doesn’t care about you.
- [1:35] Vicky and Joe talk about big corporations dodging taxes.
- [4:10] Would society work better if there were charities instead of taxes?
- [4:25] There’s a lot of tax dodging from Amazon/Starbucks/Google/etc.
- [4:55] Wouldn’t the government be better off trying to close the legal loopholes?
- [5:45] Vicky believes corporations dodge taxes because they’re detached emotionally.
- [6:50] Are the corporations who are dodging taxes, also destroying independent businesses?
- [7:40] Vicky talks about an independent bookstore called Stephanie Books in London.
- [12:15] Every customer is a lazy customer.
- [15:05] Vicky talks about her local ski and sports shop.
- [20:35] Vicky is by no means rich, but she is busy and would pay to have some of her time freed up.
- [24:05] How can you entice people away from big companies?
Mentioned in This Episode: http://www.businessforsuperheroes.com/ http://www.businessforsuperheroes.com/inner-circle
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.