I talk about an article I read on the subject of Polari and this propels an interesting discussion between me and my husband Joe. I then goes deeper as to why slang matters in your industry, especially if you’re a copywriter or a business owner.
On this podcast for small business owners and other creative professionals, I share valuable insights on becoming a successful copywriter and business owner.
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:35] Vicky and Joe are looking to buy a house.
- [2:10] This week’s episode is about anti-language.
- [2:50] Vicky explains what Polari is.
- [8:10] Did you have a secret language as a kid? Joe did!
- [13:00] Why is understanding slang or anti-language so important in business?
- [14:20] Vicky reads an excerpt from a book she has.
- [15:20] Listen to your clients. Listen to how they talk to each other.
- [17:10] You will be covered in bruises when you join the circus.
- [18:15] Think about how your target audience speaks.
- [19:35] Join forums, social media, and really listen to them. Pick up their phrases.
- [20:10] Vicky shares examples.
- [21:30] Vicky talks about Donald Trump and his marketing strategy.
- [23:40] There are people using the power of language for evil. Be aware of how they’re doing it.
- [26:05] Learning how to speak the same language as your audience is not being fake or un-genuine.
Mentioned in This Episode: http://www.businessforsuperheroes.com/
Article on Polari and anti-languages.
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.