Joe and I discuss some of the marketing benefits of social media and also why social media for business can be such a fine line. You can spend quite a bit of productive time promoting your business on Facebook; however Facebook can distract you from the bigger picture and turn that productive time into wasted time. Tune in to hear my thoughts on how to properly manage this.
On this podcast for small business owners and other creative professionals, I share valuable insights on becoming a successful copywriter and business owner.
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:15] Joe and Vicky are recording at Joe’s office, without drinks in their hands!
- [3:50] Facebook is a massive time suck!
- [4:30] Vicky plans to install an app that will help her block FB/social media until a certain time.
- [5:15] Facebook time is not productive time.
- [6:15] Social media marketing can be really, really stupid.
- [6:50] Facebook as a business tool though? It can sometimes be a fine line.
- [8:25] Vicky explains why social media marketing bothers her.
- [10:15] Facebook is not about selling, it’s about engaging with your audience.
- [11:20] What’s Return On Investment (ROI)?
- [14:15] You have to get ROI on your marketing or you’re wasting your money.
- [14:20] The problem with social media is that you don’t know if it’s working.
- [15:00] People misidentify activity on social media for actual ‘buys’.
- [16:20] Let’s talk about life time customer value for a moment.
- [19:00] Before you do anything, work out your life time customer value first.
- [19:50] How much do you currently spend on your business?
- [21:00] After you’ve done the math, is 500 quid to acquire a customer really all that expensive?
- [22:45] Conclusion: always know your numbers.
- [24:20] Vicky recommends not doing Google ads yourself.
- [25:30] Email lists are key because they’re yours. Google/Facebook/etc doesn’t own it.
- [27:10] Stay tuned for next week’s show!
Mentioned in This Episode: www.businessforsuperheroes.com/
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.