I invite Adam onto the show to answer some of his questions on how to get and keep clients. Adam is a newbie copywriter who has only been freelancing for the past five months or so, and is struggling in some key areas. I answer his questions and also talk about how to weed out the guys who are just looking for free services.
On this podcast for small business owners and other creative professionals, I share valuable insights on becoming a successful copywriter and business owner.
The RSS feed is here.
- [0:40] This week Joe is not here!
- [1:05] Adam asked Vicky if he could have a telephone chat with her. As you may know, Vicky doesn’t do those!
- [1:20] Adam is a newbie copywriter and has some questions for Vicky, so she asked him to join her on the podcast.
- [2:30] Believe it or not, a lot of copywriters are awful at what they do.
- [2:45] Want to become a copywriter? Study your craft.
- [3:45] What is Vicky’s sales process?
- [4:15] Vicky has two sales processes. Her private clients and her inner-circle group.
- [4:55] Word of mouth clients will be the best clients you will ever have.
- [9:10] People who want to pick your brain also want to pick your pocket.
- [11:00] If people want to meet you for coffee/lunch, charge a consultation fee. It will help you weed the not-so-serious people out.
- [12:45] Always go to a meetings with an action agenda. Vicky explains what this means.
- [18:25] Although you should present yourself as the expert, you also want to sit and listen to what the client’s biggest pain points are vs. promoting/selling yourself for the job.
- [20:00] The sales process is all about building relationships.
- [22:55] What would be a good way to make yourself stand out when approaching people on LinkedIn or Email?
- [25:35] Vicky shares creative direct-mail examples that she and her clients have used.
Mentioned in This Episode: www.businessforsuperheroes.com/ www.businessforsuperheroes.com/inner-circle
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.