Joe joins me this week to discuss being overwhelmed by ‘all of the things’. A main problem a lot of people have is that they compare themselves to others and note what others are doing to promote their business. I say, “Stop this bad habit at once!” Instead of looking over your shoulder to see what your neighbor is doing, take the time to focus on one thing and see if it works for you – and if you like it. If you like it, great! Build on that momentum to create something great for you and your business. If you don’t like it, that’s fine too. Move on and find the next thing to focus on.
On this podcast for small business owners and other creative professionals, I share valuable insights on becoming a successful copywriter and business owner.
The RSS feed is here.
- [0:40] Joe is back!
- [2:35] Vicky has a new journal and it’s extremely organized.
- [5:20] People who write what they’re grateful for everyday end up being happier.
- [7:10] Vicky and Joe talk about being overwhelmed.
- [9:40] Most people compare too much to what other people are doing.
- [10:40] Today is all about listening to yourself.
- [11:00] What is Snapchat?!
- [12:55] Vicky talks about one of her subscribers who has been on her list for 18 months before he bought anything from her.
- [13:20] You don’t need your own podcast if you don’t want it!
- [14:00] Pick one thing and then try it. If you don’t like it, stop!
- [14:20] Do stuff, but don’t do everything all at once.
- [15:30] Vicky talks about some of the things she does personally.
- [16:15] Vicky love email marketing because it’s easy and cheap.
- [17:00] Re-purpose your emails into blogs!
- [18:05] Should Vicky turn her podcast in to a book? Let her know!
- [21:30] Vicky still doesn’t understand Snapchat.
- [24:55] Should you lead people directly to a social media platform? Vicky says no!
- [26:55] Copy writing myths? Tune in next week for more.
Mentioned in This Episode: www.businessforsuperheroes.com/ www.businessforsuperheroes.com/inner-circle
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.