I have an issue with a certain type of bragger marketer that tries to sell you secret marketing tips and ninja tricks to help you become ‘successful’. I believe this type of marketer is often dishonest and flashy for a very strategic reason – to get you to buy their stuff. In reality, these flashy and bragger types are broke with maxed out credit cards. Be careful who you try to emulate as it can create unrealistic expectations of success and what you truly deserve.
On this podcast for small business owners and other creative professionals, I share valuable insights on becoming a successful copywriter and business owner.
The RSS feed is here.
- [2:10] Joe saw an owl in the backyard!
- [2:45] You don’t need ninja tricks to succeed with your marketing.
- [3:15] Know a marketer that’s ‘crushing it’ and is a huge bragger? They’re wankers.
- [4:00] People trying to sell the ‘secret’ formula = a red flag.
- [4:40] Most of what those marketers are talking about is bullshit.
- [5:00] Those marketers don’t understand what they do themselves and try to make it extra complicated when it really isn’t that hard.
- [8:40] All this ‘bragging stuff’ tends to be very fictional and filled with lies.
- [9:15] People can be deceiving. Flashy people tend to be broke!
- [10:40] Those flashy people are just trying to put up a show for you.
- [11:20] Sometimes you don’t know certain things until you try them out, but just be upfront and honest.
- [12:15] Beware of what people are actually doing vs. saying they’re doing.
- [12:30] Success isn’t always measured in pounds. It’s measured based on how you choose to live your life.
- [12:55] So, the point? You don’t need ninja tricks to make your marketing effective!
- [13:15] Vicky shares an example of what not to do.
- [15:35] Did you know copywriting is actually the fourth most important thing you could do?
- [19:50] You don’t have to be a good writer, but you also can’t get away with being illiterate.
- [21:15] Long copy or short copy? Vicky explains.
- [23:15] What should your sales copy contain? Next week Vicky and Joe will talk about that topic in much more detail!
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.