I went to a networking event! If you’ve kept up with the podcast, you would know that I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go to a networking event. Well, my good friend Todd sneakily invited me to one and I went…and it wasn’t terrible! Today, I talk on how I crafted my 40-second introduction pitch that ended up attracting quite a bit of positive attention and made me stand out from the crowd.
The RSS feed is here.
- [4:45] What is Vicky talking about this week?
- [5:25] Networking! It’s such a dirty word!
- [7:15] Joe talks about a sleazy sale’s tactic that was pulled on him.
- [10:30] Vicky enjoyed her networking event.
- [11:15] Vicky talks about the networking format.
- [12:50] You can’t fire me because I quit!
- [13:15] If you have a chance to stand up in a room full of people, don’t waste it.
- [13:30] Don’t be afraid to be yourself.
- [13:55] If you want to be successful, you have to be a real person.
- [15:35] Are you having a hard time with your elevator pitch? Drop Vicky an email as she is working on a program to help you through that!
- [17:55] Vicky talks about the people she met at the event. Hi James!
- [23:05] Are you a plummer? Contact Vicky.
- [25:00] Tune in next week! Thanks for listening everyone.
Mentioned in This Episode: www.businessforsuperheroes.com/ www.businessforsuperheroes.com/inner-circle
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.