Joe and I are back from holiday! I dive right into the ethics of writing and why plagiarism is a huge no-no! I even recommend unsubscribing to all your competitors so you don’t risk copying their style and tone of voice. If you really like a writer’s stuff, instead of stealing it, post it on your blog and give them credit for it. It doesn’t have to be complicated.
The RSS feed is here.
- [2:20] Vicky and Joe are back from Holiday!
- [3:45] Vicky discusses how to not get on a podcast as a guest.
- [6:50] Let’s talk about plagiarism.
- [7:20] What’s a swipe file?
- [11:35] Don’t copy and paste other people’s work!
- [11:45] Vicky shares a story about plagiarism that happened to her mentor, John.
- [15:45] Unsubscribe to all of your competitors!
- [17:20] There’s nothing wrong with reaching out to the original writer and giving them credit.
- [18:55] Don’t do your competitor’s courses just to swipe the content of it.
- [21:25] Look out for Vicky’s event on November 3rd and 4th.
- [21:35] If you book before the end of September, Vicky will pay for your hotel room!
- [23:45] If you feel icky about what you’re doing, then it probably is icky!
- [27:05] Stay tuned to next week’s episode about hostage negotiations!
Mentioned in This Episode: www.businessforsuperheroes.com www.businessforsuperheroes.com/inner-circle www.businessforsuperheroes.com/borrow-my-brain www.businessforsuperheroes.com/events/who-are-you
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.