Joe and I are a bit sick this week, so bare with us! I start off the podcast with something I learned on The Cracked Podcast. Apparently, people who suffer from PTSD can find a bit of relief through a combination of going to therapy and taking MDMA. In the context of business, I discuss FBI hostage negotiation techniques and how you can incorporate them into your marketing persuasion strategy.
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:00] Both Joe and Vicky are sick this week :(!
- [1:55] Somebody emailed Vicky the other day, letting her know how much he loved the podcast and her book. Thank you!
- [3:00] Vicky loves The Cracked Podcast right now.
- [3:55] Vicky hates the way drugs are handled in the UK and in the Western world.
- [4:25] The Cracked Podcast was talking about PTSD and why the cure for it is illegal.
- [5:50] It was basically a podcast episode about psychedelics.
- [8:55] According to the podcast, giving people MDMA while in therapy has helped with their PTSD.
- [10:50] FYI, Vicky is not telling you to go take drugs.
- [12:40] Let’s make a quick topic transition from drugs to hostage negotiation techniques.
- [13:15] Everybody who runs a business is in the business to persuade.
- [15:10] Stage 1 of your marketing persuasion strategy is to actively listen.
- [16:30] How do you really ‘actively’ listen to someone?
- [20:55] Stage 2 is to practice empathy.
- [22:05] Stage 3 is rapport.
- [22:20] Stage 4 is influence.
- [22:50] Stage 5 is behavioral change.
- [24:40] Vicky is having a photoshoot tomorrow.
- [27:40] We need to look like who we are and we need professional photos to help represent that.
- [28:15] Remember! Vicky’s event is on the 3rd and the 4th of November.
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.