Joe and I continue our hostage negotiation conversation! Although this episode covers step three, rapport building, Joe wonders if this series will ever end. This week, I cover the differences between empathy and rapport, how to convey rapport into your marketing, and why it’s a good thing to piss people off! Tune in next week for step four, which covers influence!
The RSS feed is here.
- [3:55] Vicky and Joe carry on with their hostage negotiation theme. Will it ever end?
- [4:15] This week Vicky focuses on step three, which is building rapport!
- [4:20] Joe does a quick recap of the five stages to a successful hostage negotiation.
- [6:10] What’s the actual definition of rapport?
- [10:00] This is not about selling to people who don’t want your service. It’s about selling to people who are already interested.
- [12:35] Have you ever noticed somebody having a dull personality online, but when you meet them in person, they’re completely different? The way you sound in person needs to match the way you sound online.
- [17:00] The people you really piss off with your marketing will not be your clients, and that’s a good thing!
- [20:25] What are some of Vicky’s top ways to create rapport?
- [22:30] By the way, please review this podcast on iTunes! It does help.
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.