If I offered you a choice between cake or death, what would you choose?
Of course. It’s a no-brainer of a choice.
What do you offer your customers and clients when you sell to them? Cake? Or death? Is there a really sweet offer in there that’s good enough to eat on its own? Well, you can sweeten it further by contrasting it with death.
Because cake looks pretty good on its own. But when you make the choice cake or death… well, then cake becomes even more deliciously enticing.
Here’s a few things to ponder when thinking about pricing strategies…
- Why you need to choose right now whether you’re Primark or Harrods (and how it could make you a mint)
- Why most of the marketing goo-roos are wrong about pricing — and how you can use that to your advantage
- The power of suggestion and why a £1.50 aspirin works better than a 10p aspirin
- The very good reason you’d never catch me in a carver
- How you can use price anchoring to charge more for your products and services (and why that’s good for your customers as well as for you)
- When three pricing options are better than two, why, and how you can use it yourself
- Why ‘cake or death’ pricing is a legitimate marketing tool (who knew Eddie Izzard was a pricing genius?)
Not sure where to begin? Feeling all at sea when it comes to pricing? Do not fear!
Borrow My Brain…
You can ask me anything at all and I’ll help you put together a plan over a half an hour Skype call.
Sounds good? Sign up, here.
Vicky Fraser is a copywriter, author, and entrepreneur. She really did run away with the circus… but when she’s not swinging from a trapeze, she’s showing other copywriters and small business owners how to work with better clients, make more money, and stop missing bathtimes, first words, and dinners with angry partners. In fact, she wrote the book on it. Get your copy here.
PS Cake or death is an Eddie Izzard sketch from Dressed To Kill. And some genius created a lego animation to go with it. I thoroughly recommend you watch it here. Then choose the business equivalent of a rich, moist chocolate cake and sign up to Borrow My Brain, here.