It’s towards the end of the year and I encourage everyone not to slow down! This is the perfect time to get stuff done. You’d actually be surprised by how many things you can accomplish by intensely focusing on them in the next two weeks. Also, stop setting New Year’s Resolutions. They don’t work!
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:15] Vicky and Joe’s college is pimped out with Christmas decorations!
- [7:15] You should start your projects now! Don’t slack off.
- [8:20] Vicky loves to procrastinate.
- [9:45] Okay, let’s make a plan!
- [10:35] Only 4% of New Year’s Resolutions actually ended up getting met.
- [11:05] Moral of the story? Don’t make New Year’s Resolutions.
- [15:10] So, how does Vicky set her goals?
- [18:55] Don’t focus on making it perfect. That will prevent you from getting things done.
- [19:15] Work in versions. Project X Version 1, Project X Version 2, etc. Nothing wrong with updating and modifying your work!
- [23:20] Vicky highly encourages you to read Born Standing Up by Steve Martin.
- [26:45] Plan three months at a time, not 12 months at a time. It is more effective.
- [27:50] Do an annual review of all of your big wins.
Mentioned in This Episode: Businessforsuperheroes.com Businessforsuperheroes.com/inner-circle Businessforsuperheroes.com/borrow-my-brain
Born Standing Up by Steve Martin
The 12 Week Year by Brian P. Moran
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.