I pulled up in the car park in town and realised I’d come out without my wallet. And there was no stash of cash in the car to raid, so I could get deliciously fresh-baked bread from the bakery.
The Co-Op it is, then because…
All hail technology! I might have gone out without my wallet, but I did have my phone – and on my phone is stored my debit card, so I could use contactless. Hurrah! And I could still go to the post office and post my parcel.
I’m a sucker for bright shiny objects… but not at the expense of old stuff that works.
Like email marketing. You see, whatever you might hear from the latest bright shiny guru, or in your Fakebook networking group where everyone’s an “expert” (despite not having tried it) and has Opinions, email marketing ain’t dead. It works very well indeed.
If you’re doing it well.
- Which is what this week’s podcast is all about. Joe is back in the chair with me, we’re still bereft of gin, and this is what we’re rambling about:
- Why email marketing isn’t dead (and why those who think it is are dead wrong — and probably struggling in their businesses)
- Why you should run a mile from someone who insists their way is the only way — and question everything you hear, all the time
- The crucial difference between strategies and tactics, and which one will make you money in the long run
- Why Joe should contact his customers more often, why he doesn’t — and why he’s wrong (psssst — I’m almost certain this applies to you too, so listen up)
- What email marketing is really all about (and how so many businesses get it so crashingly wrong)
- The 5 biggest myths about email marketing busted for you — together with a really valuable story about how to sell to people so they enjoy it
Happy weekend amigo.
Vicky Fraser is a copywriter, author, and entrepreneur. She really did run away with the circus… but when she’s not swinging from a trapeze, she’s showing other copywriters and small business owners how to work with better clients, make more money, and stop missing bathtimes, first words, and dinners with angry partners. In fact, she wrote the book on it. Get your copy here.
PS Are you actually doing anything with this info? Listening and reading isn’t action, y’know.