When all you ever see is successful people bleating about how they “always knew they’d be successful” and “you just have to think positive” and other such bollocks, it’s disheartening. Especially when your latest marketing idea has bombed and you need to get more customers in the door.
So it’s deeply refreshing when you hear somebody tell their story, and it’s not all unicorn farts and rainbows and law of attraction bullshit.
(and the law of attraction is bullshit)
That’s why, when I found my first mentor Peter Thomson, I was drawn to him. It’s why I listened to him. And it’s why he set me on the path to where I am now – and where I’m going.
So, naturally, I got him on the podcast this week – and we talked about…
- How he lost his £3.4 million, his beautiful house on the banks of the River Avon, and everything he’d worked so hard for… and what he did next
- How Peter made his first million pounds after his life fell apart — and what you can take from his story
- How he built a strong network of friends and referrals (and why you have to do the same — and no, this isn’t the same as traditional networking)
- Why Peter starts by scheduling his holidays and breaks — and how that keeps him focused on achieving his goals (discover what he means when he says “the more time off you take, the more money you make”)
- Why business isn’t just work for Peter, it’s fun — and how this has helped him become truly financially secure
- Peter’s big secret to staying on track and achieving his goals (this is something that’s made a HUGE difference to my productivity over the years, and I really notice when I forget it)
So, if you want to hear from the man who got me started on this path — and you should, because he’s been at the top, then the bottom, then the top of his game — make sure you pour this week’s podcast into your ears.
Vicky Fraser is a copywriter, author, and entrepreneur. She really did run away with the circus… but when she’s not swinging from a trapeze, she’s showing other copywriters and small business owners how to work with better clients, make more money, and stop missing bathtimes, first words, and dinners with angry partners. In fact, she wrote the book on it. Get your copy here.
PS I’m off up to the frozen north to meet up with some of my Superheroes this evening. A country pub, some real ale, some good food, and a good old catch up with members old and new. Have a splendid weekend yourself!