I received an email judging my ‘unprofessional’ use of profanity like the word ‘vagina’. Ignoring the logistics of whether or not that word is a ‘bad word’, I discuss why these letters are important! What can we learn about vaginagate?
The RSS feed is here.
- [2:10] Vicky got an email! This person was upset by Vicky’s profanity :(.
- [3:45] Vicky said the word ‘vagina’ in her email…and got a complaint!
- [4:35] There’s a valuable lesson to be learned in all this.
- [7:40] FYI, Vicky likes money.
- [9:10] It’s Vicky’s mission to make sure she and Joe are comfortable and living well.
- [10:45] What lessons can we learn from Vaginagate?
- [13:50] You can choose who you listen to.
- [19:00] People get really butt hurt when you don’t give away your expertise for free.
- [21:55] Vicky’s clients are paying her to help grow their business, not for her to be their friend.
- [22:40] When you work with Vicky, you’re not going to get what you want, you’re going to get what you need.
- [24:00] Always strive to learn new things.
- [26:55] Joe reads a lovely letter by Katherine!
- [29:35] Vicky does something called ‘Achievement Friday’ with her inner circle students.
- [31:10] Look forward to next week’s episode as Vicky rants about something else!
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.