Copywriters are a funny lot. Some of us run a business… and some drown under the weight of bills and responsibilities.
Some of us go out and find the great clients and charge high prices… and some sit and wait and whine and get poor and unhappy.
And, if you believe what you see on the surface, all the top copywriters are men.
It’s just the men are louder and brasher and have bigger egos than we do. But if you look, there are plenty of amazing A-list female copywriters hiding in plain sight.
Like Kim Krause Schwalm.
She’s been writing for a loooooong time, and she’s worked with the likes of Gary Bencivenga (legendary copywriter), David Deutsch, Paris Lampropoulos, John Carlton. (And she’s beaten loads of A-lister controls, too, including the great Jim Rutz. Impressive stuff.)
Kim has had her head down, working quietly in the background, making millions and millions of dollars for her clients… and now she’s starting to stick her head up there.
Because she wants the big marketing and copywriting conference stages filled with at least 50% women, instead of the sausage-fest it is at the moment.
She wants female copywriters to know they can make it big too — and beat the big boys’ controls (and match their massive earnings).
She started The Girls Club, asked me to help her get it set up, and is now putting on events in LA.
And she made time to do an interview with me for The Business For Superheroes Show.
I was pretty delighted — and so will you be.
If you’re a woman running your own business or writing, do not miss this.
And if you’re a male copywriter, do not miss this.
Just do not miss this.
Kim and I are nattering about:
- How Kim got started in copywriting (and there’s a shitload of valuable lessons here for any copywriter of the “sit and wait for business” variety)
- Why you have to take risks if you ever want to do well — and what you can learn from Kim’s early risk-taking career
- Why you will often struggle to get great ideas to fly with clients (but don’t despair — there are innovative companies out there)
- Why Kim left her cushy corporate 6-figure salary to go freelance (and how she had to make it work)
- How to get known in the copywriting world (and start making the kind of money that makes your life easier)
- Discover what Kim wants to achieve with The Girls Club (and why you should join if you’re a female entrepreneur)
- What’s the future of women in copywriter? Find out here…
This is a great listen — subscribe:
Vicky Fraser is a copywriter, author, and entrepreneur. She really did run away with the circus… but when she’s not swinging from a trapeze, she’s showing other copywriters and small business owners how to work with better clients, make more money, and stop missing bathtimes, first words, and dinners with angry partners. In fact, she wrote the book on it. Get your copy here.