“Oh yeah, and I trebled my income.”
I nearly got whiplash as my head snapped around to read the afterthought my Superhero Jill chucked out at me.
And she buried that little nugget in a long list of (very cool) stuff she’d been up to.
See, if you have a copy of my book, you’re also in a cool little club that gives you a free 4-page pamphlet each month. This little Gazette is crammed full of marketing tips and business advice — and a story from my Superheroes’ Member of the Month.
This month’s cover girl is Jill Robinson, who runs Organic Pilates, and she said this (amongst other stuff):
“When January came around, I decided that I had to take the plunge, and actually start properly marketing my business, so that’s when I joined the Inner Circle – as I felt I needed a good kick up the arse!
Joining the Inner Circle has done just that, it gave me a massive kick up the arse! The thing is, you kind of know the stuff that you need to do, and you vaguely know how to do it. But since joining in January, it’s like my business has been given a shot of adrenaline, here’s a few things I’ve done;
- Appeared in a large local newspaper – double page spread
- Applied for and received funding to get my website redesigned
- Got my website redesigned
- Got professional photos done for marketing & website (can’t tell you how much difference this one thing has made!)
- Given a talk at local secondary school business students
- Trebled my income
- Have customers on waiting list (previously I had 1 x 1-2-1 client, now I have 15)
- Been interviewed for a local women’s entrepreneur website blog
- Ran a 7-Day Health Challenge for my clients, with amazing results and feedback – which I’m going to use as a major marketing source (already got a waiting list of paying customers)
What I’m really learning about and trying to absolutely nail is – my avatar and becoming much more strategic about how I spend my time and what I focus my energy on. Being a small business owner there’s always so much ‘stuff’ to do, working with Vicky I’ve now got my goals and planning sorted (well it’s kind of fluid – but that’s fine), and I’m starting to learn about how to add value and set myself apart from the competition whilst also becoming an expert in my field.
Anyone who’s undecided whether to do it or not (JFDI – my new favourite phrase) – the information and support you receive is invaluable – but like everything in life, it doesn’t work unless you do.”
Emphasis is my own, because I’m giggling that TREBLED MY INCOME is tucked away in the middle.
But perhaps that’s the best place for it, because just look at what Jill has done since January. This isn’t magic pixie dust, toots. It’s putting your energy and focus in the right place and JFDI.
Want an adrenaline shot for your business?
Start by signing up here:
Vicky Fraser is a copywriter, author, and entrepreneur. She really did run away with the circus… but when she’s not swinging from a trapeze, she’s showing other copywriters and small business owners how to work with better clients, make more money, and stop missing bathtimes, first words, and dinners with angry partners. In fact, she wrote the book on it. Get your copy here.