Joe and I discuss the importance of being patient. Our current world right now doesn’t reward patience. How often have we gotten grumpy because the internet was slow or gotten irritated over something that wasn’t working? Patience is a critical skill we all need to have because nothing worthwhile in life is easy or free.
The RSS feed is here.
- [5:15] Good things come to those who wait. It’s kind of true, and it’s also kind of bullshit.
- [9:35] Our modern world is so rapid that it becomes difficult to even exercise your ‘patience’ muscle. When things don’t work, we get irritated!
- [10:25] Can you imagine looking at a piece of art for three hours? Vicky feels twitchy just thinking about it.
- [16:00] Learning a new skill requires patience.
- [17:50] Vicky talks about the marshmallow experiment.
- [22:55] That marshmallow experiment has been updated specifically for adults involving money.
- [25:00] If you’re willing to wait, you’ll make more money.
- [27:45] Gurus tend to promise you instant riches right now, but we all know that doesn’t happen right away.
- [31:20] Take small steps. It will eventually lead to you achieving your goals.
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.