Joe and I discuss perfectionism, and the problems it comes with, in our modern world. I wonder if perfectionism has been around forever or if it’s just a modern-day problem. The reason why I personally believe perfectionism is a modern problem is because of our competitive lifestyles and the increased need to be special or extraordinary. What do you think? Write to me about your thoughts on this!
The RSS feed is here.
- [0:45] Vicky and Joe have been on a vegetable rage and are now currently binge drinking gin & tonic.
- [2:25] Let’s talk about perfectionism!
- [3:25] Has perfectionism always been around or is it just a modern ‘problem’?
- [5:10] We hear so often from the media that we’re destined to be extraordinary or , be able to achieve greatness.
- [8:10] “Are you okay, hun?” is one of the most annoying phrases ever.
- [12:45] You have to always be striving for something. If you already believe you’re extraordinary, you’re damaging your true potential.
- [15:45] The reality is we need great people, but we also need average people.
- [18:40] Nothing is ever going to be perfect. You can sit on your project for years with that mindset.
- [21:55] Want to get rid of your procrastination? Vicky has some advice.
- [24:25] Perfectionists have a hard time delegating tasks because they ‘know’ other people won’t do it as good as they will. If you’re like this, then you need to change your mindset!
- [26:00] Conclusion? Stop striving for perfection. Just take a step forward instead and make improvements as you go.
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.